Monday, August 2, 2010





August 2, 2010. Gotcha Day!

Stella had us from the minute she walked into the room! Her outgoing personality and inquisitive nature took over immediately. She's absolutely adorable! Her caretakers had her dressed in a beautiful new dress and shoes and she came with the backpack, photos, cameras and some of the toys we'd sent to her. She recognized us immediately from the pictures.

She a real charmer and like another child we know, loves to test the boundaries! She smart and attentive (hard to hide things from her). She repeats English words and phrases and follows some English direction. We have no doubt she'll have a quic
k handle on communicating at home.

She also leaves no doubt as to who's in charge!

The adjustment has
been difficult for Henry, but he really wants to rise to the role of big brother. I think right now since she's really attached to "Mama", he feels a bit violated, but we're all working hard to overcome that hurdle. During the times when he feels good about things, he's sweet and charming with her, and treats her with a gentle, nurturing nature that just warms my heart immensely.

To my friends who like clothing....this kid is all about fashion, so let's go shopping when we get home! She loves dresses and anything pretty! She already stole one of the only two berets I brought along, and today when she got dressed, she had to match her undies to the dress she'd selected! Pink, of course!

She eats everything and dips her french fries in water.

At the moment the boys are at the pool, Stella is napping and I have the time to write to you. This is easy! :)

P.S. Please pray for a family who is here with another agency. They arrived in China to find their son too sick to adopt and are working out details and a decision on where to go from here. My heart just breaks to hear their story.


7 comments:

  1. I am soo glad everything is going well for you guys. I am sure Henry will adjust to not being mommy's only one. Congrats on getting Stella. I have a dress for her here at the house...It might be a little too big for now but I think she might like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you able to contain your excitement? I bet you haven't been able to lose your smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gotcha day!!! We are so happy for you all. Stella is beautiful, and it is such a blessing to be a part of this from afar. Thanks Gini, Kelly, Henry, and now.......Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just sitting here grinning at this computer with my nose about 4 inches from the screen. I want to jump through the monitor and be there, but this is the next best thing. Thank you for the photos and updates. Henry looks so big, and Stella's personality is shining through.
    It appears that Stella and Olivia seem to be sporting the same smile these days (or lack of front teeth) at the moment. I just LOVE that look. Looks so precious with a fancy dress and matching underwear (ha).
    Please someone take/post a picture of Mama the photographer for us here back home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Gini. Girls are tough, but soooooo cute.

    Congrats to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious jewel she is! Can't wait to meet her! Henry - I'm very proud of you, I know you'll be a great big brother! She really needs you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it's going well. She is super cute and is looking more and more like you each day. I'm sure she will start following Henry around and looking to him for cues. How could she not worship him? He's so cute.
    Good luck, can't wait to meet Stella in person and see you guys.
    I'm thinking about you every day.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete