Thursday, August 5, 2010

Gaungzhou Zoo










Thursday, August 5, 2010. A morning trip to the Gaungzhou Zoo - a sweet little paradise within the city. We all enjoyed the animals even though it was really hot...really hot! The highlight was watching the giant panda play with her blocks of ice. It would have been nice to climb in and join in the fun! Ended the visit with a refreshing ice cream treat...I warned Kelly to chose flavors carefully...I ended up with a red bean ice pop...and actually liked it!



5 comments:

  1. The pics from the zoo are so good, I'm glad they let you in the country with your camera!! I would never have thought a panda liked to play with ice, but it sure looks like she is having fun! And Gini Lou... you say its hot it must be really really hot!!!! I'd never make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm!!! Red bean ice pop. Right up there with frozen squid eye. I would like to see Henry exercise his poetic license on an event. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad all is going well! Looking forward to seeing you after you settle in at home! Nicole hopes Stella is in her class...will she be in Kindergarten?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful!...she seems to have so much personality too! I'm sure you are anxious to get her home at this point, so we'll pray for the week to go quickly. Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete