Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bonding




Wednesday, August 4, 2010.

Today was a day of progress. Both Kelly and Henry made progress connecting with Stella and convincing her of their charms. We all wish we knew more about her life before coming to live with us and knowing what her thoughts and fears are now.

She loves her backpack and carries her loot with her everywhere she goes. She understands more English than any of us expected, but speaks very little on her own. She is, however, like a parrot repeating everything we say!

Today was a day of medical exams and passport acquisition. Stella was good and brave. It was determined that she's in need of eye glasses with a correction to her right eye. We'll have her re-evaluated when we return home.

We also swam today. Stella loves the water. It doesn't appear that she ever swam before, but as with everything else, catches on quickly and is without fear. With regard to closing her mouth and holding her breath....we need to do some work!





3 comments:

  1. Every day I'm so excited to see what is going on next! I think she is growing on me already! I had no doubt Kelly & Henry would charm her! I loved seeing her holding hands with her Daddy!
    I think I'll go shopping for maybe a size 7 girls!!!! Please keep doing the daily updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will go shopping for some new barrettes. Would that be for Stella or Momma? Photos are wonderful. The highlight of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleeping Stella! My favorite photo yet... thank you for every photo and post! It will be hard not to swarm you guys when you are back and just getting into your routine

    ReplyDelete